Friday, January 18, 2008

tagged. been "it" for awhile

I think it was a few months ago that Ramona or Allison "tagged" me. Here's the rules per Ramona's blog:
The rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they are tagged and reminding them to read your blog.

Okay...I think I can do the 8 random facts. Everyone has more than enough random facts to share. And, of course, I can post this. But, choosing 8 people who BLOG to do this??? I don't think I can follow through.

Here are eight random facts in long form:

1. I kinda like to take the scenic route in the kitchen. I don't use Bisquick, or ready made pie crusts or stuff like that. I don't use my microwave very often at all (it's mainly there for reheating coffee). I like to make as much from scratch as possible, but there's always someone out there who has me beat. Like my uncle (and aunt, too probably) who make their own chicken stock, or someone who makes their own pasta, or those ladies at church who grind their own wheat into flour.

2. I'm not a big fan of crew socks. I have a few in the drawer. Heck, I grew up on crew socks. But really. Either I need to go all the way...to the knee, obviously. Or, I like to lay low with an ankle sock.

3. When I introduced myself at the first dorm meeting as a freshman in college, I said as sarcastically as possible, "I'm just here to get my MRS.". Ironically, I was the first one of any of my friends to get married at the age of 20. But, I had to marry Brent. Nobody in the world has made me laugh as much as Brent. We're both pretty unpredictable when it comes to what words are coming out of our mouths next. That's how we keep spark alive in our relationship.


4. I have a half sister that was married to Nick Bollettieri at one time (she was the fifth of eight wives). I had to google him to remember how to spell his name and then I found http://www.nickbollettieri.com/ . Anyway, that means something to tennis players and enthusiasts because he's worked with Andre Agassi, the Williams sisters, Boris Becker and so on. VERY random fact...but it does put me at 3 degrees of separation from lots famous tennis players.

5. I am really bad about celebrating my friends' birthdays. Any of my friends reading this probably are nodding their heads. This is especially embarrassing because of the next random fact. Here are some friends that are nodding their heads. Sorry ladies. You are better people than me!!!!


6. I have a freakishly good memory when it comes to remembering dates. I think I'm losing my edge a little bit. But, I do remember numbers pretty well. Oh yeah. I remember phone numbers, too. My best friend's phone number (from third grade) was 962-0149.

7. I love reading. But, I didn't know that until I had kids. I think I read like 3 books for pleasure when I was a kid: Ramona the Pest, Goodnight Mr. Tom and Superfudge are what come to mind. I remember when all my friends were reading Dear God, It's Me Margaret. From everything I heard about it, I was creeped out. Jillian already reads more than me.



8. I love practical gifts. I'd get a kick out of a $1.99 pack of ponytail holders or spatula or even a storage bin. I'm just a practical gal.

There were the random facts. I'll probably come up with eight more that would have made me feel fabulous, but there they are in blog history.

Okay. I tag all of you! There. Go entertain the world with more trivia about you.

No comments: