1. Let's just get this first item out of the way. I've been tired and a little nauseous, but mainly tired. I get my words flipped around. I can't think clearly...ever. Some things smell really good, while other things make me want to hurl. If you haven't figured it out, I'm not telling you, but I'm almost 12 weeks. there.
2. I was just out of town for 36 hours. In that short time, Brent proved
3. It was birthday on the 22nd. I'm 32. No biggie. It was great. Brent took me to a play. Allison and Kevin took us out to dinner. Molly brought apple fritters to my door at 8:30 am. My folks gave me B-day money and prepared a steak dinner for me while we were in town! We went to Chipotle with my sister and her family on the day of. I got great cards. And my sweet mother-in-law sent a Starbucks gift basket! Do not underestimate the power of a gift basket, folks! It's the grown-up version of an Easter basket. Remember that delight?
4. I have five minutes left of my cell phone monthly allowance. I'm saving them for an emergency. I canceled my long distance on my land line thinking I'd get a phone card pronto. I haven't gotten it yet. Long distance loved ones, THIS IS WHY I HAVEN'T CALLED YOU!!! Unless you're Verizon, we no talkie for a week longer.
5. Nose bleeds. Miles gets 'em in his sleep. A lot. It's kinda funny and kinda sad. He'll wake up in the morning. He'll feel his way out into the kitchen. You'll hear a little scratchy, "good morning". You glance over and see a completely unaware Miles with dried blood all over his sweet little face. Sad, funny...and a little gross, but really funny. I promise.
6. Square envelopes. How do they justify charging extra postage for those? It's ridiculous. And you know the card makers have worked a deal with the United States Postal Service when the cards that come in the square envelopes are best?!!!
7. Reading Little Women. Actually, I should be reading it right now, instead of writing. But, oh is it good. I'm only a fifth of the way into it, but I'm loving it. Have you read it? It's for book club. Has anyone started their own book club yet? You people should. You would not regret it.
8. God is our provider. He is so good. I can't tell you all the ways he's provided for us lately, but we're blessed beyond what we could ever pretend to deserve. Every good gift comes from God. Are you feeling that right now? We get loved on and taken care of from so many directions that I feel guilty sometimes. But, I have to remind myself that ultimately, it's from one hand.
9. Following this example, we're reading Psalm 34 to our boys almost every night for a month. It's been two weeks, I think, and they're starting to learn it. Definitely not there yet. And even if they didn't memorize it, it's been so good for me to read the same passage over and over.
10. It's late. I'm tired (kinda like I am when I wake up...and how I feel in the middle of the day). I gotta wrap this up! Have a good night and/or a great day, folks! Lots of love coming at you from Minneapolis!