Sunday, February 10, 2008

"pop challenge"



So after school, I asked my 7 1/2 year-old if he'd like some soda. (Yes, I call it "soda".) You must know that I've offered soda to Avery maybe....ehhh...one other time, or, really, maybe never. He's had it, but only a little and that's when he's asked for it, not when I've offered. His eyes got big and serious and he said, "No, no, no. It's 'pop challenge' at school. We're not drinking soda for like eight weeks." This is so funny to me, because my kids regularly go eight months without soda, kool-aid, crystal light...whatever. They drink water. Good old-fashioned, hydrating WATER. But, I'm glad Avery's rising to the challenge. Good Luck to ya ol' buddy!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

cruel joke there mama jenna! way to stand up to her avery.

Molly said...

funny! orison doesn't even like pop because it makes his nose feel funny, so he always tells me, very emphatically, "I don't like pop!"

Yvette said...

Hi Jenna, I heard about your wart post at MOMS a few weeks ago, and I finally found your blog today. So glad I did. Hilarious! Did you know about the "pop challenged" when you offered the soda? (We say soda at our house too since my husband is from the west coast.)

Jenna said...

nope. i sure didn't. glad to see you here, you little hatchlette...

.kp. said...

hey jenna. saw your comment. email me again. keithaprice@mac.com

Our Family said...

You're a crack up, Jenna. You make me smile, which makes my day!

I do love how you have a way with your kids, for example. You say,"Avery what attribute did you learn about God today?" Avery searching for the answer, then says,"It starts with an 'L'." You then say, "God is a Libertarian?" Avery says, "NO MOM!"

You're too funny.

Unknown said...

Make certain that you re-orient Avery if he travels abroad!
Romanian POP is a lot better than Romanian water.

Anonymous said...

Yea Avery, Such a great decision maker!! I think he's at least in his 3rd week, hope the challenge is still going strong!

Dawn Shelton said...

That is hilarious - this "don't drink pop for two weeks" thing comes from Dr. Oz on OPRAH! The school takes Oprah very seriously, eh?