Monday, January 11, 2010

didn't think i'd ever put those words together...

Oftentimes, parents have to say things that they never really anticipated. One of my favorite quotes (not mine) was, "No, we do NOT color marker on our privates."

Today's, wasn't quite as hilarious. Just unanticipated.

Me to Jillian during our tea party: "Can I bring my real coffee and pretend it's pretend?"

There's a ton, but if I try to remember them, I'll never get to posting this. And, really, I want to hear yours!!!

7 comments:

Abraham said...

Orison asked where babies come from yesterday, and I told him it's what happens sometimes when mommies and daddies have sex.

Jenna said...

you cannot be alone on that one, sara! it's a danger for sure.

Sarah said...

standard 3 questions for them either when they've gotten out of bed or are attempting to interrupt me on the phone:

"Are you bleeding? Is your bed on fire? Are you going to throw up?"

And I'm sorry but the boys playing the air guitar while naked just never seems appropriate to me so it's always..."don't do that while you're naked."

Anonymous said...

You KNOW I can't resist retelling this old story. And please read the context afterwards or this would be horrible. I said to my daughter Marit, "Don't tell your brother where to put his penis!" to which she replied,"But I like to!" The two of them (twins) were in the process of being potty trained and both on their respective potty chairs. Marit enjoyed instructing Soren where to point his aforementioned appendage so often I got tired of hearing her instructions. Which resulted in the above quote.


-Alice

Anonymous said...

Ok, one of my favorites was, "Stop licking the banister!" At a YMCA, no less. Yuck.
Christy

Jenna said...

reminds me one the many times i've had to say, "we don't eat garbage"

Karla Anne said...

I can't think of any at the moment, but you and my sister could seriously co-write a book!