1. Probably 3 times a year, I buy natural peanut butter figuring it's better for the family. And then I remember that I hate it. Oily, horrible spreadability, flavorless. Skippy has a natural peanut butter that doesn't have any of those problems, but it's so expensive compared to the regular. Talk to me, people. Am I horrible for just settling for your regular Jif or Skippy? (In the meantime, I'll be enjoying its deliciousness.)
2. Ever since I was a kid, I've enjoyed this random recipe which was almost certainly made up by my sister when she was 10 years old: Toast with cream cheese and spaghetti sauce. I'm going to have it today with green olives. I am psyched.
3. I could NOT sleep from 4am until almost 6am this morning. I was sure I was going to get up and make homemade biscuits for the first time in 10 years resulting in surprise and delight for the boys. Much to MY delight, I fell back asleep instead. But, maybe tomorrow...
4. I just bought 10 lbs of sweet onions. They were such a good price, but seriously...10 lbs? I'm thinking this is just the thing to finally motivate me to learn how to caramelize onions. Any other sweet onion recommendations?
5. How seriously do I have to take this "no feta"/"no bleu cheese" thing??? I flippin' love my unpasteurized cheeses. Is there such a thing as pasteurized feta? (I feel so convicted. I shouldn't bother you with such a question when I could just google it.)
6. Why is brisket so expensive? It seems like something that would be as cheap as salt pork.
7. I never cook in plastic. Just weirds me out. When my Mom said "steamer bags" the other day, all I heard was "cancer infusers". It's not you, Mom, it's me.
8. One of my many fears of having another child is that this one will have severe allergies. My heart breaks for the many of you that have to deal with food allergies. There should be a tax break for people who have to live gluten/corn/soy/dairy/whatever-free.
9. I learned that you do not completely mess up granola if you accidentally double the wet ingredients, namely OIL. But, it just messes with my head when I eat my double-serving-of-oil-granola. ugh.
10. I officially get more sleepy-eyed when I plan our menu than when I read the Bible.