Probably just better to starting unloading the thoughts in a brain dump...
1. On Behaviors... Sometimes when my kids pick-up my bad behavior, it's so upsetting. But, sometimes, it's quite entertaining. For instance, today in the car, a van with one of those "How's My Driving?" stickers stopped abruptly in front of us. I didn't say anything this time, but I heard Avery squawk out, "How's your driving?? Horrible." I know, I know. I'm a Christian mom, right?! I'm supposed to say, "Avery, we should practice patience." But, no. I just nodded my head in approval and giggled.
2. On Pregnancy...Today is Thursday. I'm 24 weeks pregnant. Every time I realize it's Thursday, I try to remember how far along I am. Then, I remember my friend Sara who was expecting two weeks behind me. Sara should be 22 weeks, but she's not. And I think of my friend Amy who was due a few days before me. And I think of my sister-in-law who's baby was due around the same time as ours. Pregnancy doesn't look like it did when I was 22 years old. Lots of things look different. There is so much sadness mixed in with joy.
3. On community...Tonight is the annual block party. No
4. On beverages...I miss beer. I miss wine. I don't miss coke, coffee or cafe lattes. I still enjoy those.
5. On Education... The more I think about our decision to send our kids to school, the more happy I am about it. I came thisclose to homeschooling again. I can say with confidence that I would have lost my mind if I had a toddler, a newborn and two children to educate at home. For those of you who do this, wow. You deserve a venti latte and a back rub. everyday.
6. On being so flippin' crafty...I love sewing, yes I do. I love sewing, how 'bout you?? Seriously, people. I'm so glad my family is completely chillax about our living room bathing in fabric while the iron and ironing board are almost always set up. I'm kinda glad I don't have a sewing room, because I can be in my own little sewing world AND be in the same area as the family. It's only annoying sometimes (for both parties I'm sure).
7. On boredom busters...I love google suggest. You know when you start typing something in and then it suggests what you might be trying to type? It's fun. For instance, I just tried, "what does it mean to ____" And here were the options:
-what does it mean to be an american
-what does it mean to be poke someone on facebook
-what does it mean to be human
-what does it mean to square the circle
-what does it mean to be in love
-what does it mean to be a christian
-what does it mean to go green
I know. It's pathetic. It's like a smoke break for me. (but, try it and enjoy.)
8. On the ever-shrinking house...I'd really like to finish off a room in our basement. Does anyone want to fund this? I
9. On board games...So, the other night, Avery asked if I could teach them Clue. You remember that game, right? Became a movie? Right. So, we start playing. And they start asking the questions. "How do you murder someone with a candlestick?" (According to Miles, "You burn them!") How do you murder someone with a rope?" "How do you murder someone with a lead pipe?" (According to one of them, "They smoke it and die.") "What if this gets too scary?" "What if it's like duh-duh-DUH!!" (that was scary music) "What if I have nightmares??" I didn't answer most of these questions. Like, I'm going to teach them how to use a wrench as a weapon?!! But, I did keep going. It's good for their logic skills, right?
10. On "Thank You" notes...I'm 32 years old. I am horrible. I RARELY send a thank you note anymore. I just wish "Thank You" notes were only for when you forgot to say "thank you" in person. Or if the person doesn't have a phone or email. Or...I don't know. I suffer from a disease called constantguiltbecauseiowesomeoneathankyounote. It's painful...hopefully more painful than NOT receiving a thank you note.