1. I don't read blogs that have no sense of humor (Except for DG...no jokes on the DG blog! Of course, truth be told, I only read 1 out of 7 of the posts.). I don't get online to experience catharsis. I do read posts which induce real tears, but almost every blog I subscribe to is written by someone who has a sense of humor.
2. I don't read blogs that always have super long posts. And I feel guilty when I write them. Who has time to read, much less WRITE, a super long post unless you're retired. And, the only retired people I know are WAY to busy to even maintain a blog.
3. I don't read blogs that are basically facts. We did this. We're going to do this. This is what we look like. That's great and all, but unless we're really good friends, it just doesn't get me right here (fyi, I'm gently pounding my chest with my fist).
4. I don't read blogs that appear to be perfection. I appreciate the vulnerable blogger...even if the person writes, "I just can't go there...it's too painful." Okay. That was honest. I choose vulnerability over veneer.
5. I don't read blog posts about running, but I do read blogs by ultra runners. Okay. I read ONE blog written by an ultra runner, because he writes about other stuff, too. But, I don't generally read blogs that are about one main topic. (crafting, cooking, saving money, etc...)
6. I don't read blogs that are all about theology. Is that okay?
7. Nor do I read blogs that are political. Should I be embarrassed?
8. I don't read blogs that I actually like to read, because I keep forgetting to subscribe to them!!!!
9. I don't read blogs that seem to be super popular like Challies, 9marks, Pioneer Woman, etc. I don't know why. I just don't.
10. I don't read blogs of total strangers. I do read blogs written by people I've come to know through the blogosphere. Contradiction? perhaps. Does it makes sense? not sure. Either way, it's been fun getting to know you!!!