Thursday, February 26, 2009

ebony and ivory

That's what I sang to Jillian as I made these cookies this morning. Except, I changed the lyrics to...

E-bon-y and I-vor-y
That's the way that a coo-kie ought to be....

Here's the recipe for Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla

mix these together in a large bowl.

2 c. flour
3/4 c. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

blend these together in a medium bowl and gradually mix into butter mixture.

Lastly, and super importantly, stir in a bag of white chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for five minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely (if you can wait that long before you completely devour them, washing them down with ice cold milk).

And for you listening and viewing pleasure, the original...




Am I the only one who sung songs like this in my elementary music class??

3 comments:

Grace said...

YUMMY!! These sound soo good right this minute! I'll make these some time. I'm sure Jillian LOVED your singing! Love ya lots!

Gracie-may

Anonymous said...

I always really liked that song, it's easy to sing to,even if I can't carry a tune. I never saw the video, that was great to watch!! Will have to try those cookies Jenna, I've been looking for recipes to use up my cocoa!!:))

Tara said...

Mmmmmmmm.....
I've GOT to try these cookies! It reminds me of Hershey's Hugs, which I LOVE.
I've been hunting a good recipe (besides No-Bakes) to use up the cocoa powder I recently purchased.
(And I just noticed Carol above needs to use up her cocoa, too -- I guess that's a common problem.)

PS: That was the first time I've ever heard that song.