I'm not even slightly kidding. I started this morning at 6:27 am when I impulsively popped a few down the hatch. And it's continued like this all day. I don't know when it will stop. Please call the authorities.
2. Avery's home with Strep...again...he's on the second round of antibiotics! This is his sick day?!
By the way, I encourage my boys to play outside...a lot. It's good for all of us. Oh. And one more thing. The kids soaked each other with the hose and it's maybe 70 degrees outside today.
3. I really, really, really don't know what to make for dinner...ever. I've been trying to menu plan, but I end up staring at a blank piece of paper trying to make myself forget words like "Chili" and "Spaghetti". I don't want to make the same stuff over and over. It's only been warm(ish) for a few weeks and I'm already in the lets-grill-hotdogs-or-brats-or-hamburgers rut. It's not for lack of recipes. I think I'm avoiding opposition of children. They are great eaters, but they still whine or make comments when they hear a new recipe is on the menu that night. Or, I'll make an old stand-by like Spinach Quiche and they'll cringe. Within two seconds of tasting, they always come around and say, "This is DELICIOUS!" But, I get worn down even at the prospect of whining. That's pathetic. I think the other hold back from making delicious fare is that I loathe grocery shopping. And there's always that key ingredient that I failed to remember to purchase. It's frustrating. Currently, chicken breasts are thawing and I'm not quite sure what I'll do with them. But, I'm guessing they'll be marinated, grilled and thrown on a salad...as usual...
UPDATE: The chicken did not thaw in time!!! What's a girl to do?? Crap! Here come hungry family members!!!!
4. Jillian has four teeth now. And I think she's getting 2-4 more. She's started clucking with her tongue. It's cute. Video to follow sometime soon.
5. Every day this week (so far) has ended up completely different than was planned. Part of that can be attributed to the fact that Avery passed out--yes, FAINTED--at school on Tuesday. I got a call from the nurse, "Mrs. Scheetz. Avery's just not feeling well. He says his nose hurts, but we don't know why. Oh, he's just very pale. I think you should come get him."
"Hey, Avery. What's that on your nose? And this red mark on your forehead? Did you get hurt? Yes?" The nurse leaves and he starts crying. "Mommy, I miss you so much."
Turns out he was on his way to the nurse, he stopped at the bathroom to throw up, but he passed out cold, whacked his nose, forehead and side of his head, he was found by the janitor and led to the nurse who had no idea what was wrong with him and told him (he later told me), "Avery, I don't know why your nose hurts, there's not even a scratch, honey." To her credit, he was incredibly disoriented and had a difficult time communicating. But still. It was the firs thing I noticed!
Anyway, he's all right. Except that he still has strep as mentioned before. It took 48 hours for the throat culture to be positive. So, we were getting ready to leave for school when we got the somewhat surprising call that Avery is indeed sick. Halt. change of plans. again. so it goes...
And before you start feeling too sorry for the poor-most-likely-hypoglycemic kid...remember: This is his SICK DAY?!!
7. I blog in my head too much. For example...This morning I was reading Proverbs chapter one and I was really struck by the fact that a KING was telling his son, a PRINCE, to not hang out with murderers and thieves. One of my first thoughts was, "Murder and thievery (social problems) aren't related to one's wealth (economy)." And before I knew it, I wasn't thinking about it, so much as I was forming a blog post in my head...Blogger has taken hostage of my thoughts!!!
8. Last thing. Nope. I lost it. typical.