Sunday, May 4, 2008

who do i thank first?


Seriously. Do I thank Darrin? All we did was get him and his family here. He labored for nine days with Brent to put in a bathroom from scratch (minus the rough-in). Do I thank my sister and brother-in-law who paid for the flight change when they decided to stay longer to get more done? Do I thank Steve T., Mike, Matt, Steve D. (and more) for donating time and tools to get the job done? Do I thank my city for requiring me to get like five stinking permits to do this? Do I thank my Dad who spent much of his vacation here last weekend to labor with and guide the last steps? How about my Uncle Wayne, who, while here ON VACATION last summer, saw that the floor hadn't been grouted and decided to spend the next morning getting it done? Or, how about our friend, Joel, who has five kids and is in law school who noticed that we were in a slump and so came and mudded and taped after class to reenergize us in the project? Do I thank my husband, Brent, who has spent more hours in this bathroom than anyone of us would have liked, and has had to learn as he went (very painful lessons at times!)? I really can't say enough about my dear husband's work. I'm probably forgetting like 10 people who helped us out hugely. But, can you believe it? Can you believe we have been blessed with that much help? We are blessed. It's ridiculous. Thank you, Lord, for friends who came alongside us to put in this second, yes second, bathroom. (Oh, and by the way, when Darrin and his wife and two boys stayed with us?? We were EIGHT people living in a house with only ONE bathroom! It can be done!!!)

3 comments:

.kp. said...

wow!!!! look at you - makin progress....

it looks fab!

tiffany said...

Beautiful.

Allison Dillard said...

One day it too will be mine- Wow 2 bathrooms. I'm impressed.

Love you!

Al