Thursday, November 13, 2008

Miles turned six...nearly a month ago

Look how old he's getting! And so handsome!!! Both sides of the family claim that he takes after them. My vote is for my Mom's side. But, I'm thinking Brent's Aunt Carol will have something to say about that.



The traditional balloon and sugar cereal. (Much better success than last year!) And since Nana and Pop Pop were in town, he also got a "big gift". My mom loves to have a big non-wrapped gift waiting. Lots of memories. I woke up one Christmas with a bird cage housing a canary hanging from the chandelier. Another time it was a 10-speed. Always something. So much fun.


Miles requested Texas Sheet Cake for his birthday a few months ago after having it at Keitha and Doug's.


Pop pop, Miles and Nana. Funny. Avery bonded to Nana immediately. Miles bonded to Pop pop. And Miles...oh Miles...he pretty much stiff-armed Nana for absolutely no reason for the first few years of his life. He's totally warmed up to her and loves everything about her now, but we still remember.


Thank you, school. I wasn't going to make him a crown, but he really loved it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday, big guy. guess you're too old to jump at me without notice expecting me to catch you. o.k., fine. one more time.

Sarah said...

Oh Miles...the miles and miles I'd travel for one of your hugs. I love this picture of you at the bottom with your crown. You look pretty proud to be 6. Happy belated big boy!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie!