1. Confession. I went to St. Louis for my Dad's 60th birthday. I know, I know. I told you I'd see you (hopefully) next time I came to St. Louis. I didn't lie. It's just really complicated visiting your hometown. The grandparents are hard to pull away from and our trip was short.
2. Jillian just threw a paperback book at my head. This was alarming, but also an interesting study of human nature. She received a firm, "No!" and a hand-smack. This didn't phase her. Then, I said, "Say, 'I'm Sorry'." She barely uttered out a faint "hah-wee", and started to burst into tears. Saying "sorry" was more difficult than receiving discipline. So interesting.
3. Every time I dust my blinds, I promise myself I'll never let it get that bad again. People, they look baaaad.
4. When I was in St. Louis, I finally transferred hundreds of pictures from my camera to my hard drive. Hopefully, I'll start posting more pictures now. But, not today.
5. Confession...Tomorrow is Jillian's second birthday and I have not made a single firm plan.We heard that there's a free concert downtown. Jillian happens to bee-bop to this guys music. So, I ask, Is it so bad to take a 2-year-old to a show for her birthday? I am HORRIBLE at celebrating and recognizing birthdays. Can you tell??? I know one day I'll look back and wish I was the "queen of theme" for kids' b-days. I'll see some brilliant unicorn cake and think, Oh! How I wish I had known about this when my kids were little...or not.
6. From the moment I found out I was pregnant, I worried about losing the baby. This is normal for me, but it gets more intense with each pregnancy...and with each day. Because of the fears, I start out detached. But, as I'm nearing the third trimester, I am pleading with the Lord to let me know this baby alive. I love this baby very much, but have learned that a mother's love doesn't insure anything.
7. Confession. I am so ridiculously intrigued by Michael Jackson's "kids". Do you really think they are his? I can't help but wish for some autobiographies in a few years sharing what it was really like!! I didn't follow much of the MJ hype, but I'm totally curious about Paris, Prince and...Blanket??!!
8. Just read My Sister's Keeper. You probably know it's a newly released film. Are movies EVER better than books? Don't they always disappoint? Not that I loved the book, but I can tell already that I'd be annoyed. For instance, Alec Baldwin (51 years old) plays an attorney who, in the book (if I did my math right), is 35-ish years old.
9. It's summer. We're having burgers for dinner again. Weekly. We have burgers (at least) weekly in the summer. Is this normal? What's your weekly meal (if you have one)?
10. We haven't had "the talk" with our kids yet. I'm starting to understand why people put this off forever. Taking advice. Starting...now!!