Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Keitha said, "If that isn't the best pick up line you've ever heard..."

Let me just say that my boys LOVE Keitha's girls. They have become fast friends. Although, I know this friendship is a gift from the Lord, the fear will sometimes creep in that we'll wear out our welcome or the children will get sick of each other.

The girls invited the boys over to play this afternoon. As I saw Keitha's number come up on the caller ID, immediately I thought, "Miles has just punched someone" or something to that effect.

Nope. She wanted to tell me about the following conversation:

Miles: Savannah, do you know that cigarettes have a chemical in them that makes you want them more and more every time you have them.

Savannah: Yeah.

Miles: That's how I feel about you.

12 comments:

Our Family said...

Oh.dear. :)

Anonymous said...

I love that boy...love him love him love HIM!!! I think that would have WON me over with any guy from the ages of 14-23...simple yet so thought out. UGH!! I miss you Scheetz PEOPLE!!!

Anonymous said...

Miles just might be writing greeting cards someday! How precious.... (and a bit scary:))

tiffany said...

Wow! That's all I can say! OH MY!! I'm laughing so hard and I have to pee. Bad combo!!!

Allison Dillard said...

love it!!!!!

Anonymous said...

ohmygoodness. i love that kid. abraham thinks he's one smooth talker.

Jenny said...

oh. my. word.

Hysterical.

Yvette said...

Miles says the greatest things! He seems to know a lot for such a young guy. He's so funny!

Stacie@HobbitDoor said...

Too cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope you'll be able to enjoy your entire next bunch of strawberries!

Our Family said...

I have to comment again. Jenna, your kids are too cute. I told Kevin, and he said, "Where does Miles come up with his material?". Kevin just wants to know so he can find out, and have some sweet skills like Miles.

Now the question is, how did Savannah respond?

Jenna said...

I don't know where Miles gets it. He did later clarify to me that it was Savannah's knitting that was the nicotine. That makes sense. He loves to watch me sew. He's curious about how everything is made and loves to observe a process.

And, I'm not sure what Savannah said in response, but I am sure that she didn't make a big deal of it and say, "gross" or anything. She's sweet and mature beyond her years. (she's 10)

Dawn S. said...

he is something else!