Brent. In his favorite room of the house.
I was tagged by Jenny. This post is just answering questions all about my husband. A cute little coincidence: Jenny and Matt were married the exact day and year that Brent and I were married. We met eight years later. Fun!
1. Who is your man? Brent William Scheetz
2. How long have you been together? Well. We were best friends freshman year of college. Then we decided we should get married. Then we started dating. So, hm. We've been together for 12 years. Married for 11 years in August.
3. How long dated? Just over a year if you include the engagement.
4. How old is your man? He's 31. He thinks like an old man, but moves like a teenager!
5. Who eats more? Mm-m-mm. I think me. He eats mammoth portions of lunch when he's at work. He doesn't eat breakfast a lot of times. He always eats around 10:30 at night. His nightime snack usually includes salsa and chips and something sweet.
6. Who said "I love you" first? I don't know. Oh. wait. I think I said it in an email. It was definitely just as friends at that point, though. He used to sign off on his emails like "evol, brent". I didn't get it for the longest time that "evol" was just "love" backwards. That was way before I said that I loved him and it seemed like a big deal to even sign off with "love, brent" because we were just so cautious about having any feelings that were more than platonic.
7. Who is taller? Him. He's like 5'10 3/4". I'm five inches shorter.
8. Who sings better? He does NOT. But, neither of us are getting invited to sing the national anthem anywhere. I'm just glad that neither of us is tone deaf. Or else...no one has told us!
9. Who is smarter? Well, this is an awkward question. Let's just say I'm more arrogant.
10. Whose temper is worse? This is an easy one. Me. I'm pissed that I even have to answer this.
11. Who does the laundry? Brent. and Me. But, I think he does more than he should.
12. Who takes out the garbage? That would be me. For some reason (maybe the ridiculous amounts of laundry he does for his hot-headed bride) he seems to pass a smoldering garbage bag without the hint of notice many times. He doesn't like to get his hands dirty. Maybe that's part of it.
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Why does this matter? I don't get it. He does. We've changed throughout the years based on babies and stuff. It's not a big thing for us.
14. Who pays the bills? I used to. Now he does. He works at a bank. He makes the money. He's a financial guy. It seems fitting.
15. Who is better with the computer? Like more tech-headish? neither. My Dad is our tech-head hero.
16. Who mows the lawn? He does. I've done it like three times in 11 years.
17. Who cooks dinner? Me. He can do frozen pizza, macaroni and spaghetti with some coaching. I'm glad that he doesn't cook. I like being able to do things that he can't. I'll train my sons to cook though.
18. Who drives when you are together? Usually him. But, this isn't an issue for us.
19. Who pays when you go out? Our friends! I'm kidding. Um...can somebody explain to me what "when you go out" means? This happens so infrequently.
20. Who is the most stubborn? Brent. He's so stubborn he won't even admit it.
21. Who is the first to admit that they are wrong? I think it's me. But, maybe it's even.
22. Who's parents do you see most? Mine. They have two daughters in this city. More of a draw.
23. Who kissed who first? I kissed Aaron Gold first. Oh. Yeah. I get it. (That was my first kiss.) Okay. Um. I don't remember. You gotta understand. The moment we kissed eachother, we were already determined to get married. From my memory, it was a rather simultaneous thing. But, I might have kissed him first. Whatever. I'm uncomfortable. Let's move on.
24. Who asked who out? This doesn't apply to us.
25. Who proposed? Him. duh. I wouldn't propose to a man. That's just silly.
26. Who is more sensative? Um. Well, I get weepy when appropriate and he doesn't.
27. Who has more friends? Me. You knew that.
28. Who has more siblings? Me. He has one sister (who's gonna have a baby really soon!) I have TWO sisters.
29. Who wears the pants in the family? I don't know. Kinda him. Kinda me. Kinda neither of us. Were both the youngest. Neither of us is really...alpha-like. What do you think, honey?
Well, that felt like a weird one to end on sooooo....I'll add a 30th question...
30. What does your man love most about you??? Good question. When he wakes up, I'll ask him and update this portion.
Update: aawwwwwwwwww...he left a sweet comment...