Monday, June 2, 2008

hope the change doesn't freak you out.

i was really, really tired of the dots. and i really like black. it's what i'm wearing right now. a black shirt and black-(((wait for it)))-track pants. and they don't match. i'm wearing mismatched blacks.

a kinda kooky lady at the grocery store was drumming up conversation with EVERYBODY today. she was adorable, really. she stopped me with this observant line: "Oh, you like applesauce? My boyfriend likes applesauce." I'm too extroverted for my own good. "Oh, yeah, my kids love it. Gotta have it when we have pork chops!" I say cheerily. "I love your outfit," says she. Oh brother. I am humbled.

anyway. welcome to the new black blog. it mismatches me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...was the pork chops and applesauce related to a Brady Bunch episode about Peter? Did I tell you about Maryn's prayer about pork chops and applesauce?

Jenna said...

no. and you are SO cracking me up.

Anonymous said...

No, the prayer seriously would have you peeing your pants. I had to hurt myself to keep from laughing out loud during this prayer. And it had to do with the fact that we were having pork chops and applesauce....she was thanking Jesus for it in this same really weird voice Peter used on the show...like Humphrey Bogart. It was beyond hysterical!!

Jenna said...

okay. that's HILARIOUS. (and strangely, that lady at the grocery store sounded like she was doing a humphrey bogart impersonation!!)

we are the spencers said...

i like the new look. i'm personally not a big fan of mismatched black together, although i've done it. and usually notice it when i get to church or something. but no doubt, i'm sure you wear it well. i don't own track pants either. i'm digging the music too. this new blog look is so like let's sit in a dark lounge, sparsely populated, in the back corner, you know the one with the round booth with vinyl seats with the buttons on it, and smoke something, and have something on the rocks. our waitresses name is dixie.

Jenna said...

Yes, Danielle. Dixie was serving us Thai coffees after the White Russians wore off. We were smoking cloves while discussing the health risks associated with them. We couldn't decide whether we were going to watch My Dinner with Andre or a French film about cousins. It was very cool.

we are the spencers said...

i am so touched that you remember all the details. you always did hold your liquor better than me. after 2 drinks i'm not good for anything. somehow dixie will always be special to me. cloves taste good and give my voice a sexy raspyness that makes it all worth it.