Sunday, January 4, 2009

if you really want to know what's been on my heart for the last 24 hours

Psalm 22:6
But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by mankind and despised by the people.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. The life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the one who loved me and gave himself for me.

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Philippians 4:5
Let your reasonableness be made known to everyone. The Lord is at hand.

Matthew 16:25
For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing with such transparency....I am feeling much the same lately.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jenna...

Our pastor spoke of "dying to self" on New Year's Eve. Excellent message. So hard to do...

Mandy said...

Eph. 4:29 is a life verse for me. I think God wrote it just for me- and a few others=)

Unknown said...

i need to take ephesians 4:29 more seriously than i do.

thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Jenna, Those were AWESOME verses! I will try to apply them today! I need some SERIOUS work! Thank goodness for JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love and miss you! Hope your ankle is better!!!!!!!

Love,
Joy